Our Commitment on Privacy
Lacuna Technologies, Inc. and consulting subsidiary, Ellis & Associates, Inc. (collectively “Lacuna”) is a cloud based technology and professional services provider that helps transportation agencies better manage the public right-of-way in service to city residents. We are committed to treating the personal information entrusted to us by our customers with respect and transparency.
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to the personal information we collect from our customers, their representatives, our website visitors and other individuals with whom we directly interact.
This Statement does not apply to the personal information we may collect or process on behalf of our customers, such as that of city residents. For residents and other individuals whose personal information is entrusted to us by our transportation and city management customers, we strictly follow our customers’ instructions and the limitations placed on that personal information. We do not monetize, use or otherwise process such personal information for purposes outside the needs and expectations imposed on that information by our customers.
If you have questions about this Statement or our privacy practices, we would love to hear from you. You can reach us at email@example.com
This document last updated September, 2019.
Collection of Personal Information
- Lacuna may collect your personal information when you choose to provide it to us directly through our mutual interactions, website, job applications or recruitment solicitations, events or other means of your choosing. Examples of such personal data may include your name, contact information, business profile, operational requests or professional experience.
- When you visit our website, we collect information from and about your visit automatically such as the device used, your operating system, IP address(es) or browser type and version.
- When you navigate through pages on our website, we collect analytics information through, for example, Google Analytics. We may also collect data from your browsing session through cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies in order to help us understand and improve our website access, features and functionality.
- Cookies are small data files that store information, including your personal data, on the browser of your device and enable us to analyze trends and track activity or interactions with our sites, save your preferences and improve your overall browsing experience. Similarly, web beacons (also known as gifs, pixels or tracking tags) are electronic images that we may use on our sites or emails to determine the effectiveness of our messages, information delivery and customer engagement.
- When you interact with our social media pages or posts we may collect your user name, social media profiles and other information you choose to make available through your social media communications. Please note that it will be the social media provider’s privacy practices that apply to any information we may share with you or obtain about you within the platform.
Purposes for which Lacuna Uses Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect about you generally for operational purposes, to communicate with you and to aid us in serving you better, such as:
- To respond to, interact and engage with customers and prospective customers; to provide services and support to our customers and for product delivery and operational purposes.
- To participate in, engage with and contribute to the software and transportation industries; for example in public policy discussions, open source forums and technical planning engagements.
- To research, develop, analyze and facilitate our existing and planned service offerings; and to assess the capability, quality and efficacy of our products and services.
- To respond to your requests, customer support needs and provide service related information to you.
- To engage and communicate with you through email, our website, social media activity, events or in-person interactions.
- To send promotional outreach, marketing material or announcements to you if you have chosen to receive such communication. Please note that you have the right to withdraw or change your preferences for marketing communications at anytime.
- To manage and facilitate the security and operational needs of our organization, work sites, services, networks and systems.
How We Retain Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected. We make sure it is maintained securely; we limit its access and we will destroy or delete it once we no longer have a legitimate business need to retain the information.
Instances Where Lacuna May Share Your Information
We limit the sharing of your personal information to the following circumstances:
- With our vendors and service providers when they carry out services on our behalf. These vendors are contractually required to protect your information and limit its uses to the purposes for which it was shared;
- With our business partners in service to our customers whose needs may benefit from our combined offerings and capabilities;
- In circumstances where you have consented or advised us do so;
- Where required or permitted by law to comply with a legal mandate, subpoena, court order or similar legal process;
- Where disclosure is reasonably necessary, based on our good faith belief, to protect Lacuna’s rights and interests; physical or intellectual property; safety of our personnel, partners or the public; to investigate or prevent fraud or pursuant to a governmental or regulatory request.
- In preparation for, assessment of or completion of a possible merger, acquisition, sale or dissolution of all or a part of our organization or assets.
In order to establish, support and carry out our operations, we may transfer and store your personal information outside your country of origin, including for transfer to the United States where Lacuna is based. Of course, not every country where we may transfer or store your information will have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided your personal information or in which you reside.
Lacuna respects your choices and preferences regarding the marketing communications you wish to receive from us.
We may contact you by email to inform you of updates, products and services or new initiatives at Lacuna. You have the right to choose whether you receive such marketing communications, and to withdraw your consent at anytime. If you choose not to receive marketing email communications from us, you can do so by following the unsubscribe instructions provided at the bottom of our email messages or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your personal information and to prevent loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Although we implement robust controls to protect your information, it is impossible to guarantee against every security compromise. If you have a security concern or believe there has been some unauthorized access to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
For California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have the right to obtain information about the ways in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Lacuna does not share personal information as defined under California's "Shine the Light" law with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes.
Personal Information from Children
Lacuna does not provide services targeted to children nor do we knowingly collect information from or about children under the age of thirteen (13). If you become aware that anyone under the age of 13 may have provided their personal information to Lacuna, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete such information.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Statement may be updated from time to time to reflect our changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We encourage you to review this page periodically for the latest information on our privacy practices. When we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this page or notify you through email communications and other means.